So yesterday I had two notifications from two of my favourite writers letting me know that they both nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award!
Okay, so: Unknown facts about me, lets have a think…I share a lot with you y’know internet. Right. Uhm.
- When I was little I wanted to be a jockey. I ended up only being 5″5, maybe I wasn’t even that mad to dream..
- In my home town a bull once escaped from the farmer’s market and strolled down the street past my brothers and I playing football.
- I have a lot of charming nicknames from friends / brothers that seem to stick. (Benjamin Button, Yoda, Frodo, Tina, Swampy..I could probably go on, but they’re the notable ones. You get the idea.
- I had long hair, right down to my arse at one point. From maybe 12 or so? to 18, it was awful. But I think more a point of being different than anything, and my parents let me do anything I wanted.
- I overly romanticise everything, be it from the past or thoughts of the future.
- I fucking hate Leonardo DiCaprio to the point of avoiding most movies he’s in for years before watching. I don’t even have a strong reason, don’t ask me.
- Other than sharing on the internet, I’ve only sung properly in front of two people in person. I get massive solo anxiety, even thought I played in bands in my teen years.
I came to the realisation that I don’t read as many blogs as I should. I sort of have a small amount of favourites that I stumbled upon and haven’t branched out much more. I don’t really have a top 15, I’m awful, I know.
So, these are my absolute favourites that I get excited to read with every new post they make, I love them all for varying reasons. Check them all out, because they’re brilliant in their own individual and awesome ways.
I quite commonly just quietly observe and relate to these people, I occasionally drop by with messages. I should comment more often, because I know how it’s such a nice feeling to know people are appreciating your writing.
^ (These two great writers nominated me, so thank you again!)
(My latest addition is a more recent discovery, I read the line “One thing is for sure, I’m in love with love. It’s such a beautiful thing.” and from there I’m sold, reading more of this blog today!
So there are only 8 blogs that I’m currently keeping up with on a constant basic, please point me towards more great people. I clearly don’t look enough, I’ve just happened to stumble across these ones along the way.
These guys are all great writers and are really interesting people, more importantly. I’d happily grab a pint (or a whiskey, or whatever other drink of choice) with each and every one of them and have an awesome time chatting about everything and anything.
Thanks for joining me along the way and for some reason finding me amusing. It’s muchly appreciated and to those I’ve mentioned in this blog: Thanks for being awesome, keep on keeping on. I love getting to read your newest posts.